Choose Your Own Adventure

Philipp Lenssen lenssen at hitnet.rwth-aachen.de
Sun May 5 16:21:10 EDT 2002

"Artur Skura" <arturs at iidea.pl> wrote in message
news:slrnadb4rf.rp5.arturs at aph.waw.pdi.net...
>..
> What about licensing issues? Are people allowed to change other peoples'
> games, redistribute them, port to other engines?
>..

Well, I don't want to tell people using QML to create quests how to license
them.
All I say in the copyright* is don't sell QML itself, but if you want to,
sell games made in QML and include QML in the distribution. (Another
alternative is to run the files from the server, in that case the quest-data
cannot be accessed from the outside -- you can just see the individual
outcome of certain actions you chose in the quest.)

As for QML itself -- the cross-platform language, the Windows editor
(another way to do it is a simple text-editor), the Python, PHP and VBScript
ports -- those are all free and open source.

*For copyright see http://questml.com/copyright.htm , and the FAQ at
http://questml.com/faq.htm