medusa, http_proxy.py -> error 10053 SW caused connection abort

jlang josef at jlang.net
Tue May 14 14:51:24 EDT 2002

Hi all!

I try to do a proxy-projekt using medusa 0.5.2 (the one, maintained by
Kuchling).

I used the source from http_proxy.py from working_directory in the
former version.

Added some fancy DB-connection and user/url-validation, which results
in the handler to act as a proxy to the "real internet", or to some
rerouting to the local medusa server listening on 127.0.0.1 on the
same machine.

When traffic on the proxy increases, it tends to get 10053 socket
error (SW caused connection abort).
It looks like a timing problem when a bunch of follow-up-hits for the
images within certain pages occur. It looks like he then sometimes
looses the socket, the producer belongs to.
Anybody experienced this before? I am still in my due dilligence. Can
anybody hint me in some direction?

(Oh. My stats: sw-devel since 5 yrs. Python: 1.5 weeks (since i
started playing around with this proxy-thing), fiddeling around with
http-headers and socket programming: 1.5 days (since i started playing
around with this 10053 and 10054 messages)
-> So i obviously got a lot of homework to do. Any help on where to
START DOING HOMEWORT would really be appreciated.

Thank's in advance.
Josef.