Uninstall of ActivePython 2.1 / Install 2.2 not complete

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Tue May 28 06:46:50 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm using ActivePython 2.2 on a Windows 2000 machine. I uninstalled
ActivePython 2.1 and installed the new version as administrator. Using it as
a normal user I couldn't start my scripts from the Windows Commander as
before, and they appeared without their icon.

Searching the registry I found lots of keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER pointing to
the directory of the old, deleted Python version. Changing them to the new
directory did the trick; but I think they should have been deleted at
uninstall time, for all users, not only for the installing administrator.

What's the matter? Is it an uninstall or an install problem?

Thank you,
Koczian

--
Dr. Sibylle Koczian
Universitaetsbibliothek , Abt. Naturwiss.

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE