Looking for a scripting language

Cliff Crawford cjc26 at cornell.edu
Sun May 5 19:13:18 EDT 2002

In article <3cd52c11$0$25705$9b622d9e at news.freenet.de>, deckerben wrote:

|  But I may have a different problem. I tried to install a couple python
|  packages to test hack-integrity. Every time I run any 'setup.py build' the
|  following happens:
|
|  [...]
|    File "D:\USER\DJGPP\lib\python2.0\distutils\util.py", line 135, in
|  check_envir
|  on
|      os.environ['PLAT'] = get_platform()
|    File "D:\USER\DJGPP\lib\python2.0\distutils\util.py", line 43, in
|  get_platform
|
|      (osname, host, release, version, machine) = os.uname()
|  TypeError: unpack non-sequence

My guess is that your port of os.uname() doesn't return a tuple for some
reason (see http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/os-procinfo.html).

--
Cliff Crawford                         ::             cjc26 at cornell dot edu
"They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but