Readable Perl (was Re: Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon May 6 23:41:09 EDT 2002

Christopher Browne wrote:

> In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> transmitted:
> > But it is very impressive, for Perl code.  My compliments to
> > the author.  Any perceived lack of readability is clearly the
> > language's (and reader's) fault, not the author's.
>
> The author used to be a Common Lisp hacker, who wrote rather a lot of
> XEmacs, and was also heavily involved in the port of Mozilla to Unix,
> many moons ago.  Older versions of Netscape Navigator/Communicator
> support the "about:jwz" URL/URN, which might link you somewhere
> interesting...

I happen still to use 4.79, but unfortunately that links to a page
which says "Not Found.  The requested object does not exist on this
server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or
the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

I'm sure Google would do a little better. :-)

-Peter