Newbie question: how to join a list of elements of user-defined types?

Lemniscate d_blade8 at hotmail.com
Wed May 1 16:23:42 EDT 2002

holger krekel <pyth at devel.trillke.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1020198762.15259.python-list at python.org>...

> Funny to notice, that at least ANSI-C++ is *newer* than python as far
> as i know.

:-) Funny.  ANSI-C++ is indeed *newer* than python, but you are
comparing apples to oranges (you are comparing a version of one
language with the whole of another).  I respond by saying that Python
2.2.1 is much, *much* newer than any C++ implementation.

Additionally, somebody learning something new has nothing to do with
the age of the information they digest.  I can go to google right now
and learn something *new* about the ancient Greeks (and, yes, ANSI-C++
is *newer* than the ancient greeks, ;-) ).  Just my $.02.

> you might want to look at:
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/Comparisons.html
>
> have fun,
>
>     holger