Getting XML module to work in windows.

joel jensen nobody at nowhere.net
Mon May 27 13:23:49 EDT 2002

Hi all:

I have a little question. I am a python newbie, used the windows 2.21
installer from python.org.

I can't seem to access any of the XML modules that ship with python.
I used the default click and drool installation, is there something else
that needs to be done to get this to work in windows 2000 ( it works on
linux )

thanks a ton, joel jensen

here is an example program ( just import a module ):

	from xml.sax import saxutils

here is the result from running it:

C:\Documents and Settings\joel\Desktop\test>xml.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\joel\Desktop\test\xml.py", line 1, in
?
    from xml.sax import saxutils
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\joel\Desktop\test\xml.py", line 1, in
?
    from xml.sax import saxutils
ImportError: No module named sax