python and C++?

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat May 4 21:34:10 EDT 2002

"Totte Karlsson" <mtk at u.washington.edu> wrote in
news:ab1r85$1u8s$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu:
> Hi,
> Is there any good texts about how to interface to a windows dll with
> python? I'm a total beginner of python.

welcome

> I'm a C++ programmer and what I want is to make a DLL and interface to
> that one with python.
> Say for example, I have a C++ class, called mtkMatrix. Is it then
> possible to allocate a mtkMatrix in a python script and acess its
> class member functions?

sure is it is possible. you will have to write or automaticaly generate
some simple glue code.

not having written extesions in C++ (only C) i can only give you some
keywords for a search on google.com or groups.google.com:
Boost (http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/), Cxx (cxx.sourceforge.net),
SWIG (www.swig.org)

and the Extending&Embedding manuals that whre installed on your HD along
with the other python docs.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>