multithreading

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed May 29 16:14:09 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1022644310.12549.python-list at python.org>,
=?iso-8859-1?q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard <pinard at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>[Aahz]
>>
>> [...] I therefore invoke Python's "There's Only One Way" principle.
>
>That principle still existed with Python 1.5.2, but is fading out since
>then, and does not reflect Python reality anymore.  Python now offers
>many ways in various fields of the language.  I too, like you, feel a bit
>nostalgic of the past simplicity :-).  On the other hand, all the recent
>improvements have their own value.

In terms of strict reality, the principle was never 100% accurate.
Don't forget that there are many Pythonic principles ("import this" in
Python 2.2+), and it is often not possible to satisfy all of them
simultaneously.  But I'll bet you find it difficult to name a principle
that Queue fails to satisfy.

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler