Registering PythonCOM22.dll fails?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed May 15 19:19:52 EDT 2002

henk.derudder at barconet.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to register PythonCOM22.dll through regsvr32.exe. I get
> the eroormessage that DllRegisterServer is not exported. Using the
> dependency walker learns me that this is indeed the case, however
> DllRegisterServerEx *is* exported. Any idea how I can get this dll
> registered?

This DLL can not be registered with regsvr32.  DllRegisterServerEx() was
for an obscure feature of regsvr32 that never turned out to be useful (
the idea was you could say "regsvr32 myfile.py" and have it register.)

Why do you think you need to register it?  You register Python COM
objects by executing the .py file that implements the object, not by
using regsvr32.exe.

Mark.