streaming audio

guitchess njm at neok.com
Sun May 12 08:26:26 EDT 2002

Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some information on the basics of audio streaming, or
> any sort of data streaming really.
>
> I want to create an app to stream audio around a LAN and really have
> know Idea on where to start.
>
> Thanks in advance.

It takes a lot of small files this way but it works for me.  I wrote a
python script that does most of the work for me.

1.  Make dir with mp3s or any format for that matter.
2.  Make m3u files for each mp3 or groups of mp3s
3.  Make links to those m3u files on an html page.

Drawbacks:  If you have a lot of mp3s and try to do this by hand it's going
to take a while.

If you wanted to know about streaming Real audio, sorry I wasted your time,
but I don't know any thing about that.

If you have python or perl, I will send you some code for the scripts.  If
you want them.

--
Ned :->