Python 2.2.1 question

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Tue May 28 04:57:29 EDT 2002

Sebastian Roth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got an question about Python 2.2.1. It's selfcompiled but it looks
> like that it don't have an history. If I press <cursor-up> it simply
> prints: ^[[A
>
> but why? Which ./configure-argument was missing ?

check that you have the header files for the 'readline'
library installed before you 'configure'. I guess
you also need to exec 'import rlcompleter' (readline-completer)
somewhere in your startup files (PYTHONSTARTUP points to a script).

Oh and i assume that you are using a variant of unix :-)

    holger