Editing Zope Page Templates with Amaya

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Thu May 2 09:32:24 EDT 2002

I know that this is more of a Zope question, but then people probably
do use ZPT outside Zope. Anyway, has anyone had any success with
editing ZPT templates with the Amaya HTML/XHTML/XML editor? The ZPT
FAQ [1] states the following:

"""
Q8: What HTML editors work well with ZPT?
We are still compiling a list, but on the commercial (industrial
strength) front, GoLive and Dreamweaver 4 work well with ZPT. Recent
versions of Amaya work well in HTML mode.
"""

Having tried Amaya 6.2 (the very latest) with a test document, it
really looks like Amaya doesn't handle extra namespaces well at all,
firstly spotting the extra (namespace prefix qualified) attributes and
complaining, and secondly converting them to invalid XHTML attributes
(ie. attributes in the default namespace) which are then stripped when
subsequently opening the file again in Amaya.

Has anyone really had any success with Amaya in this domain and, if
so, what exactly did you do to achieve that success? I'll accept any
recipes concerning related attribute-based technologies, since I'm not
exclusively concentrating on ZPT myself.

Paul

[1] http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/FAQ