Python ActiveX Scripting Engine (0x80020009) Error - KeyboardInterrupt - python 2.2

Chris Prinos cprinos at foliage.com
Wed May 29 20:21:56 EDT 2002

I had the same issue with my IIS system, and had to use a workaround that
disables the KeyboardInterrupt from being processed.   The code I use is
shown below.

see http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-April/039881.html and
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-April/099002.html for an
explanation

Chris
----------------

<!--
These first two script blocks are needed because IIS looks for a SCRIPT
block in the default scripting language of the server. That could be
JScript or VBScript, but it won't be Python.

This is only a problem for this global.asa file.
-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Jscript RUNAT=Server>
function dummy() {}
</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript RUNAT=Server>
Sub dummy2
 ignore = "me"
End Sub
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE=Python RUNAT=Server>
def Application_OnStart():
    # this signal code is a workaround for a bug that causes
    # Ctl-C keyboard interrupts to be sent to the python activex engine.
    # Not sure if this is a problem with ASP, or python, but if the
    # handler is not provided, KeyboardInterrupts will pop up in the most
    # inoportune places.
    import signal
    def noOp(a,b): pass
    signal.signal(signal.SIGINT, noOp)