streaming audio

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob at zoism.org
Mon May 6 17:00:53 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 02:30, brueckd at tbye.com wrote:

> If possible, avoid actual streaming protocols as they are quite convoluted
> and proprietary. As long as the client end of the connection supports it
> and you have a fast enough connection (and you do since you're using a
> LAN), a simple progressive download is the way to go.

Yes, A simple download would work fine, and if thats all I wanted I
would use XMMS or a similar app plugged into a decent amplifier.

But I want to be able to create "streams" on the server that can be
connected to from any room, eg: a party stream and have all rooms
playing the same sound in sync.

So I belive I need some way of checking,I guess I could have all clients
communicate with the server to make sure they start each song at the
same time then just download from the server?

--

  R  Brown-Bayliss