no pickling code objects?

Gonçalo Rodrigues op73418 at mail.telepac.pt
Wed May 8 21:02:25 EDT 2002

Hi,

On the docs on the pickle module it says that code objects can not be
pickled, this in turn implies some limitations on the pickleability
(man, I like this word!) of some objects. The docs mention security
reasons for this choice. But somehow this doesn't feel right. Shouldn't
the secuity concerns be left to the programmers? After all Python
already has exec*. Is there something I am missing?

I am asking this mainly from curiosity, I am in no need of such a
feature. And then again, If I had the time and the knowedge + skill to
come up with a patch...

Gonçalo Rodrigues

*And after after all, I am writing this from home in a Windows system -
can't get any worse than that ;-)