rfc822 module: deleting headers

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Wed May 22 02:23:25 EDT 2002

"Jason R. Mastaler" <jason-dated-1022700360.9a9240 at mastaler.com> writes:
> As you can see, I attempt to remove the 'Message-ID' header before
> exiting 0, which causes qmail to skip to the next line in my .qmail
> file, which writes the message to my mailbox.

I think you will find that qmail-local delivers the original message
to your mailbox, not anything produced by the delivery program you
invoke.  If you want the corrupted message in your mailbox, you will
have to put it there, for example by feeding it to qmail-inject with a
different envelope-recipient address, or by invoking qmail-local
yourself.