Whats so good about Python?

dag at animagicnet.no dag at animagicnet.no
Wed May 8 08:10:32 EDT 2002

In article <8580b02e.0205071527.5b6ce52f at posting.google.com>, BHE wrote:
> People have said good things about Python but Ive never used it.
> I use Perl and Java and C++.

I'm a perl -> python convert and there really is one main reason I
switched, and that is language syntax.  Python was just so much easier and
cleaner to read and write.  With python I spent less time hunting obscure
sytax bugs and looking up the correct way to do something.  Almost
everything simply works the way a expect it work.

All this means that with python I get more done and get it done quickly.
Anything beyond that is pretty much irrelevant to me.

That being said I still use perl for quick data-munging throw away scripts,
but just about everything else I do in python.

Dag