How to create a web interface for a daemon written in Python?

Markus listuser at nicetomeetyou.to
Mon May 13 11:05:04 EDT 2002

Hi all,

we're using a Python script as a watchdog for another process.
The watchdog is running in console mode, so it is necessary to access the
terminal it is running on to operate the program.

I'm thinking about a remote control feature via a web interface, running the
script in the background. The interface simply has to provide access to the
3 basic functions of the watchdog script, i.e. "start", "stop" and "reset",
all of which don't need any parameters.

Can anybody give me a hint about the best way to do this? (Or even better, a
hint to a working implementation of something similar ...)

TIA,
Markus