Extending python with C

James T. Dennis jadestar at idiom.com
Sun May 19 04:30:39 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hey Henrik,

>> You've put together a nice example.  Thanks for taking the time to write
>> this
>> up.  I thought I'd also give an example of how to do the same thing using
>> weave which allows you to mix C++ directly into Python.

 One question about weave; does it require a C compiler at run-time?
 How does weave work?  Does it pass the C out to a compiler, (and
 presumably to the set of Python headers and libraries)?  Does it save
 the resulting .so file just like Python saves .pyc?

 (It should be obvious that I haven't tried downloading and using this
 yet; I'd like to hear a little more about it before trying it).