Is python really slow?

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed May 22 00:47:43 EDT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Chris wrote:

> I am a bit disheartened at how common it seems to code only some of a
> program in Python and use C for other parts, and how much discussion
> here involves using C for X and Y.

Hi Chris,

Bear in mind that the reason it gets discussed more than the simpler stuff
is because the simpler stuff is, well, simpler (so no need for
discussion).  If you could somehow survey all Python users to see what
percentage have to end up writing C extensions you'd probably find that
percentage to be much lower than what you might infer from the discussions
around here.

Have fun,
Dave