Pyserial , JavaComm and installation

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri May 10 16:08:55 EDT 2002

sehamran at frisurf.no (seh) wrote in
news:7557b51f.0205101000.114021c4 at posting.google.com:

> I have tried to install the Pyserial package. I get no error doing
> import serial. I can create a serial object. The only problem is that
> writing a command over my serial port does not work. I believe the
> problem is associated with the installation of the JavaComm files as I
> do not know how to do this. I have no Java folder in the Program files
> directory to put them in.
>
> Cna anybody tell me how to install the JavaCOmm files?

there should be a readme along with the serialcomm zip.
i.e. here are the installation notes for win32:
javacomm20-win32/commapi/PlatformSpecific.html

with some java JDK installations you get two different runtimes. you can
install it in both using the note metioned above.

(some older java versions install by default on e.g. c:\jdk1.3\, only the
latest and the java runtime go into the programm folder)

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>