Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun May 5 15:22:23 EDT 2002

In article <82adrehag0.fsf at acropolis.localdomain>,
Patrick W  <quitelikely at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>aahz at pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:
>> In article <82bsbvl5q1.fsf at acropolis.localdomain>,
>> Patrick W  <quitelikely at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>>Seems to me that C -> C# -> [Python / Lispy language] could facilitate
>>>a *really* nice layered approach. I just hope this possibility isn't
>>>sabotaged by political/legal issues, and becomes a genuine
>>>multi-platform solution.
>>
>> Why use C# at all?
>
>No genuine need of course, but I think there *is* a sizeable sweet
>spot that lies somewhere between C and Python in terms of abstraction
>capabilities, speed, coding convenience, etc.

Please explain this a bit further, because I don't see that sweet spot at
all.  My experience is until one gets to truly high levels of abstraction
(such as Python and SQL), one pays so heavily in lack of expressiveness
combined with grunt work that the sweet spot doesn't really exist.

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ