Python (2.2) on Solaris 8 (64-bit)

yose dryose at juno.com
Tue May 21 16:19:18 EDT 2002

Oleg Broytmann <phd at phd.pp.ru> wrote in message news:<mailman.1021969355.12319.python-list at python.org>...
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:01:13PM +0200, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> > > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=python+solaris+problem&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3Dcomp.lang.python.%2A
> >
> > How does that help?
>
>    It shows that the man is not alone in his problems, that there are real
> problem building Python on Solaris, and that the problem with _socket
> appears too often. It also shows that one should not blindly report a
> problem, but try to read FAQs and search archives. There are also some
> helpful advices in these postings.
>
> Oleg.

I would have posted all of the error messages from the resulting
"make", and
the results from trying to do it by hand as well (one "gcc" line at a
time), but there were QUITE ALOT of error messages!

I was hoping that the solution involved something simple. Something in
the Modules/config, something to configure, ... something simple that
I was forgetting. Now I see that there is work yet to be done by the
Python support community on porting to this environment. I am just a
user and not a developer... I just need help!

Yose