"casting" Python objects

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Thu May 23 16:43:05 EDT 2002

"Donn Cave" <donn at drizzle.com> writes:

> Or, perhaps the right approach doesn't involve inheritance at all!

Well, I was assuming that the Handler method was just one piece of the
reason why FooMsg was subclassed from jabber.Message (since the
original post was just an excerpt), but you're certainly right that
there are other approaches as well not involving subclassing (such as
the composition someone else posted).

--
-- David