[PyQt] Variable

Sebastian Roth xsebbi at gmx.de
Mon May 6 12:36:11 EDT 2002

Hi there,

I've got an strange problem with python and PyQt.
First, here is the source of the problem-part:

class GUI(Basic,QVBox)                            #Basic contains some
						  #basic program operations
	def __init__(self, master=None):
                qt.QVBox.__init__(self,master)

                self.text1 = qt.QLineEdit(self)
                self.text1 = qt.QLineEdit(self)

	        add = qt.QPushButton("Add Entry",self,"add")
                add.setFont(qt.QFont("Arial",14))
                qt.QObject.connect(add, qt.SIGNAL("clicked()"), \
self.process)
        def process(self):
                ulist=[]
                a= self.text1.text()
                b= self.text2.text()
                print a
                print b
                ulist.insert(0,a)
                ulist.insert(1,b)
                print ulist

Ok, all went fine at runtime, but I can't access the variables properly.
in process are a and b correct, but they can't be really good placed in
'ulist'!
I get the something like that:
[<qt.QString instance at 0x81f5424>, <qt.QString instance at 0x81fa464>]

But what do I'm wrong???

Could you help me, please?

Thank you in advance,

		Sebastian