Why Don't Scripts Run ?

Michael Kelly mkelly2002NOSPAM at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 14:25:19 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:37:00 GMT, jrc <jrchaff at mcn.net> wrote:

>Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced programmer.  I work in
>Windows (ME). Thinking to give Python a try, I downloaded
>v22 and installed.  At first, it looks good, but then, I discover
>it seems impossible to get any scripts to run in the command
>prompt, using any available documentation whatever.  I even
>have Chris Fehily's book - essentially none of his examples
>work with scripts from command prompt; yet this is a 2002
>book .  (?!!)

Hi.  If you don't have any Python 2.2 dependencies or just
want to try Python out you might find it less frustrating to
download ActivePython 2.1.  For me(using Win98 2nd Ed.)
even the Windows Scripting Host worked out of the box.
I've even been using my COM servers on Win98 using
ActivePython with no problems at all.

At least on my system the ActivePython .msi file
installed with no glitches and everything worked
as expected.

--

"Only choice is an oxymoron."