Possible to fake object type?

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at tm.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Mar 2 13:03:51 EST 2002

> why not something like that?:
>
> def __getattr__(self, name):
>        try:
>                return self.__dict__[name]
>        except NameError:
>                return getattr(gtk.HandleBox, name)

This is basically the same as I have now. But the thing is:
__getattr__ only gets called when the attribute _doesn't_ exist,
which is not very helpful, 'cause they would exist in the baseclass,
which is the reason why I can't simply derive from gtk.HandleBox.

I want to have a class which sends all calls to one of its
attributes but at the same time is derived (or even better
_only_ has the same [fake] type, which my original subject header
implied) from something, which unfortunately has a bundle
of the same methods.

Yours,

:M: