Integers class...?

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Mar 7 22:11:44 EST 2002

Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:

>   from ints import ints
>
>   for x in ints[0, 2, ..., 10]:
>       print x

If you're doing that, it might be better to use
the existing slice notation:

  for x in ints[0:11]:

The only new thing to learn then is that 'ints'
is a sequence containing (conceptually) all the
integers.

Hmmm, I'm sure someone suggested this before...

The only thing you don't get from that is an
easy way to iterate backwards. The best I can
think of is

  for x in reverse(ints[0:11]):

But then to make it lazy, reverse() would have
to do some interesting things. (And no, I don't
want an xreverse function! I hate x... names.)

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg