PEP Parade

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Mar 8 16:38:37 EST 2002

[Donn Cave]
> I have proposed before that those of us who are into having
> a viable tool instead of a moving target, should just pick one
> and stick with it.  2.1.1, for example.

2.1.2 would be a better choice, unless you also object to people fixing bugs
for you <wink>.

> Of course you and I can do that, solving the problems with our
> respective groups - but putting us in kind of a backwater.  If we
> sort of collectively agree on 2.1.1 (or whatever) for that role,
> though, that backwater could get pretty lively.

I expect PythonLabs will continue wrapping up bugfix releases in the 2.1.x
series for as long as someone volunteers to produce them.  At the moment,
2.1.2 is the end of that line, as 2.1.2 was the last 2.1.x release to
attract a volunteer.  The longer someone waits to start on a 2.1.3, the
harder it will be to sort through, and backport, relevant fixes now going
into 2.2.1 (which Michael Hudson is producing) and 2.3 (where most current
development occurs).

"lively"-is-less-useful-than-someone-willing-to-work-ly y'rs  - tim