Python embedded like PHP

Jim Abrams jim at publishingresources.com
Fri Mar 22 15:54:48 EST 2002

"Rob Nikander" <nikander at nc.rr.com> wrote in news:Tjtj8.48802$3O2.18198075
@typhoon.southeast.rr.com:

> Are there any projects out there that allow you to embed python in HTML
> like PHP?  I like the PHP-style of embedding the bits of program in HTML,
> but I'd like to use python...
> Something like:

> <?python
>      print "<ul>"
>      for reptile in ["Crocodile", "Python", "Iguana", "Tortoise"]:
>           print "<li> %s </li>" % reptile
>      print "</ul>"
> ?>

While mentioning M$ is this thread might get me lynched I still feel the
need to mention (esp since I'm forced to live in a M$ shop) Python in ASP.
I find it very attractive to be able to do

<%
print >> _out, "<ul>"
for reptile in ["Crocodile", "Python", "Iguana", "Tortoise"]:
    	print >> _out, "<li> %s </li>" % reptile
print >> _out, "</ul>"
%>

or even

<%
import HTMLgen
print >> _out, UL(["Crocodile", "Python", "Iguana", "Tortoise"])
%>

adding another jelly bean to the shring to MH ly 'yrs

-Jim