Python + Omni CORBA libraries link

Viatcheslav Kulikov RWTH Aachen vku at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Mar 18 05:32:43 EST 2002

Duncan Grisby wrote:

> In article <3C95AF61.5D25C8CD at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de>,
>  Viatcheslav Kulikov RWTH Aachen  <vku at lfpt.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
> >ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden.
>
> Can you translate that error please?

"The requested module was not found" (sorry, an OS is German)

> >I am using Python 2.1. and OmniORB compiler 1.0. The _omnipy module is
> >available there with a .pyd extension (a compiled library). This message
> >is received when the library is present at the PythonPath; when it is
> >not, the interpreter simply finds no module name _omnipy.
> >Please advise what can be done. I am new to the Python programming, so
> >please give as much detail as possible.
>
> You should be using omniORBpy version 1.4. Are you using the version
> compiled for Python 2.1?  If not, that would explain the problem.

Thank you, seems you have covered the problem.

Well, as I am quite new to the Python, I can't give the exact version of the
package, but the compiler shows version 1.0.
Also, all files of the package are dated 21-06-2001 as the latest.

The module CORBA.py from the package shows the following ID:

# $Id: CORBA.py,v 1.27.2.3 2001/05/17 14:05:01 dpg1 Exp $

Hopefully I provided sufficient information, if not, please give me a hint
how to get more.

Is this version compiled only for Python 2.0? If so, please give a link to
the place where I can download the version 1.4 or higher which would
eliminate the error.

I would be very grateful.

Best regards,
  Viatcheslav Kulikov