wxPython seg faults under RH7.2

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Mar 9 00:29:01 EST 2002

I can not get wxPython to work on a RH7.2 system.

I have gtk 1.2.10 and  wxGTK 2.3.2.1 installed. Gtk came with
RH7.2 and wxGTK was installed from binary RPMs downloaded from
wxwindows.org.

I built and installed wxPython 2.3.2.1 from sources using
Python 2.1.1.  The build/install seemed to work fine, but
even the most trivial wxPython apps just seg fault.

I next attempted to use SWIG in the wxPython build: I
downloaded SWIG 1.1-883, but the patches that come with
wxPython 2.3.2.1 fail to apply.

Can somebody point me to some documentation that explains how
to get wxPython to work under RH7.2?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I think my CAREER
                                  at               is RUINED!!