First post!

Zutroi Zatatakowski abou at cam.org
Fri Mar 29 19:00:19 EST 2002

Ok, this is my first post on this list. I've been doing simple Python
scripts for a few months but now I have a 'bigger' (IMO) project.
It's as follow:
I play a MUD called Core 2651 (http://coremurd.org) and in this MUD,
there is a stock market. The various prices are all on the website and
are updated every once in a while. So basically, I want a script that
checks the page for the prices and print the output in a text file.
I've never done anything that touches the web or internet so I'm really
puzzled. I'm not asking for someone to write it for me (don't spoil the
fun :) but maybe there already are some scripts like that somewhere...
Scripts that parse (is that right?) through a page and get different
infos. I have right here a Perl one that does basically that (but I'm
not a fan of Perl, that's why I'm here) and it seems pretty easy (well,
not for me).

So, if anyone has tips, links or examples, just let me know.
Thanks in advance,

Zutroi Zatatakowski