multithreading and Tkinter

Arcady Genkin agenkin at thpoon.com
Thu Mar 21 03:18:18 EST 2002

Greetings:

I have a separate thread, responsible for graphical stuff, which
displays a bunch of objects as "Tkinter.Lablel"s.  Then, I have a
buhch of separate threads, which collect information about the
objects over the network, at specified intervals.

How do I signal the GUI thread that new information for a particular
object has arrived?  Currently I'm using after() method of the Tkinter
object to update info for *all* objects every second, but that is
hardly a good design, since there may be 500 of them, and the new info
can be arriving once every 15 minutes.

Any ideas and/or pointers to the documentation (preferably online)
highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
--
Arcady Genkin