sunstring

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Mar 17 23:30:52 EST 2002

Billy Ng wrote:

> "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
> > Billy Ng wrote:
> > >
> > > Would anybody tell me how to do substring in python?
> >
> > Use slices.  And look at the string module.
> > Have you gone through the tutorials yet?
>
> No, sir!  I am very very new to python.  I just bought the O'Reilly book
> today.

Then I gently suggest you make a small effort to read at _least_
the online tutorial, or skim through that book, before attempting
to write real code.  When you have a particular goal in mind
(as I know you do) _and_ you have made a moderate effort to solve
the problem on your own but encounter some difficulty, _then_
please ask away in this newsgroup.

And _always_ post code snippets representing your best effort
so we can understand what you've already tried (and that you
_have_ tried) and our answers will be that much more helpful
(and plentiful).

Cheers,
-Peter