seek()

Zutroi Zatatakowski abou at cam.org
Sat Mar 30 17:58:30 EST 2002

Is there a kind of seek() function that does the same thing but except
of bytes, it seeks for a string? Basically, I want the 5 next bytes
after a certain string in a file. Example:
Foo:36.50
The data I want (36.50) is located on a web page and since the content
of that page always change, I can't get it with seek() because the bytes
always change too. I've checked in STRING and RE modules but I can't
find a function that checks in a file/webpage, they all need input from
a string.

--
Zutroi Zatatakowski
Commando PACU