Seek fame(*) & fortune(**) as a Python developer

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 20:29:49 EST 2002

[Skip Montanaro]
> Whether or not you want to be able to check files into the CVS
> repository, if you want to contribute, you should probably subscribe
> to the python-dev mailing list.  You can subscribe here:

[Darrell]
> Have you changed to acceptance criteria?

Guido did, yes.  You still have to be approved, but the acceptance criteria
changed from "Guido has reason(s) to want you there" to "Guido doesn't have
reason(s) to want you somewhere else".

> Last time I tried to join that list they told me to go away.

"They" would have been one of Barry Warsaw and Jeremy Hylton.  If you
couldn't figure out from the subscription page that they're the Python-Dev
administrators, maybe you're not really ready yet to develop Python <wink>.

> Filled my time up with other things since then.

You could have had more fun writing a Python program to try subscribing
every hour under a different one-shot email account!  Driving Barry and
Jeremy nuts is loads of fun, and easy to do.