OT - file permission checks on Windows

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 5 09:14:14 EST 2002

    >> Given this simple file access permission code: [...]  how would I do
    >> this under Windows?

    Jason> The following is not a joke.

Yup, no smilies. :-)

    Jason> Any Windows programmer would just "return 1".

After seeing various responses, this is what I decided to do.  I figure some
Windows programmer who wants to earn his stripes can fix it.

    Jason> Note that even on Unix, the code you quoted isn't perfect.  Users
    Jason> can belong to multiple groups these days.

Good point.  I think I can beef up my code fairly easily in this area.

Thanks to all for the useful feedback.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)