Why Don't Scripts Run ?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Mar 13 15:42:24 EST 2002

jrc wrote:

> I apologize for earlier comments.  I find Python 2.2
> will run scripts in Windows (Dos prompt) IF the inter-
> preter has not already been launched.  This is clearly
> the reason each scriptname is prefixed by 'python'.

No that is actually a classic. Well at least I have seen it a few times
before on the list.

The problem is that if you have allready launched python you are typing
dos commands into Python. And that doesn't quite compute :-/

You are trying to run a Python program that looks like:

     python script.py

And naturally that will not work.

regards Max M

Btw. wouldn't it be good practice to write possible/more keywords in the
bottom of an answer-post so that it can be easier google'd ??? or is
that a stupid idea?