psyco, jython, and python speed tests

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 19 08:31:37 EST 2002

    >> ... but because in some cases, there really *are* performance issues
    >> that rule Python out.

    c//> Indeed; and believe it or not, there are even some environments
    c//> where writing external C doesn't solve the problem either.

I'm coming in late here, so maybe I'm misreading something, but I don't
think Python tries to be the one-and-only programming language.  If packages
like Psyco expand the range of applications to which it can be applied, so
much the better, but I view that as an incremental change, not a fundamental
change.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)