"Zope-certified Python Engineers" [was: Java and Python]

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Sat Mar 23 08:43:11 EST 2002

Laura Creighton <lac at strakt.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Finally,
> out of the chaos, we have produced the social situation where order
> beats freedom of expression hands-down.  And Google must be responsive
> to it or risk going out of business.  Would you trade 'the freedom to
> be different' for 'the choice to be excellent'?  Every new python
> progrqammer who has given up on 'self-expression through my favourite
> brace style' is making this choice.  The subversive message is 'order
> is a lot of fun'.  I think that this message will finally produce
> people who are brave enough to say that they want good authorities,
> not the absence of all authorities.  But then I'm an Order-loving
> Optimist.

Rest assured the Python Secret Underground is working on all of this. An
important breakthrough was made yesterday in Consistinuum 47B (on Astor's
Scale of Cross Temporal Diffusion, see crosstime://astorsctd.org for
an index). Fnord. The PSU is Fnord confident (.85) that the Discordians can
Fnord be stopped Fnord by Fnord Fnord Fnord

          Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!

  The Aneristic Principle is that of APPARENT ORDER; the Eristic Principle is
that of APPARENT DISORDER. Both order and disorder are man made concepts and
   are artificial divisions of PURE CHAOS, which is a level deeper that is the
 level of distinction making.

 Seek the Sacret Chao -- therin you will find the foolishness of all
 ORDER/DISORDER. They are the same!

         this message is temporary out of order - the Mgt.

and Fnord therefore Fnord the PSU is in an excellent Fnord position not just
to diminish Erisian propaganda, but to completely eliminate it shortly.