telnet

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Wed Mar 13 16:39:00 EST 2002

"M.Beis" <mike at csc.liv.ac.uk> wrote in
news:a6obko$743$1 at kinder.server.csc.liv.ac.uk:
> I'm connected to a network with a number of telnet servers. I want
> to get a list with the names (hostnames) of each availiable server.

that would be a network scanner(*) - and most likely something your
sysadmin doesn't like to see. isn't there a list available somewhere
in your net. loading alist of IPs from a file is simpler and faster.

chris

(*) brute force method: get your own IP and netmask then try to
connect to each IP in your subnet on the telnet port. as sayed above
most administrators don't like scanning and it could have
consequences on your career.

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>