Q: Sound production with python?

Lamy Jean-Baptiste jiba at tuxfamily.org
Wed Mar 27 15:07:31 EST 2002

Dans l'article <Xns91D77C5869670AusYourStandingInIt at 130.133.1.4>,
"A.Newby" <deathtospam43423 at altavista.com> a écrit :

> Being a beginner fiddle player, as well as a beginner python programmer,
> I want to write a little prog that trains the sense of pitch.
>
> How envisage it working is thus...
>
> It plays a simple 4 note melody, then repeats the melody with one of the
> notes (selected randomly) slightly off pitch ... say by 20% or 10% or
> 5%. The user then has to detect which note was off.
>
> What modules and commands should I use to generate this sounds? What's
> the best way to go about it?

I am currently writing GTablature, a tablature editor for Gnome and it
include a MIDI-file generation module (song.py). You can use it to
generate to generate MIDI file, and then play them with an external app.

Get it at :

http://oomadness.tuxfamily.org/gtablature/en

Jiba