SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer question

Steven Pokrandt spokra at home.com
Sat Mar 16 15:34:17 EST 2002

trying to use the threading tcp server class.  It all works right from
a quick look.  But when I run top I see many processes leading me to
think it is really forking.  I also can't get global varibles inside
the thread.

should I be able to have a varible in the main thread, and declare it
global in a thread?

I'm running linux (mandrake 8.1)  both the default python 2.1.1
and the 2.2 that I compiled do the same thing.

a ldd python shows that the pthreads.so is linked to python.

What em I missing?