Installer 5b3 problem

Gordon McMillan gmcm at hypernet.com
Mon Mar 25 09:36:45 EST 2002

[posted and mailed]

Zoltan Felleg wrote:

> If this list is not the right place for this stuff, please redirect me
> to the proper one (and forgive me for bothering you here).

You'll usually get faster response on the Installer mailling list.
See the bottom of mcmillan-inc.com/install5_ann.html.

> I have a problem with the new mcmillan installer, namely the following
> code freezes at the commands.getstatusoutput() line when its function
> runs as a thread. The script itself works correctly, the "frozen"
> executable does not. (It did work with installer 5b2). The system is Red
> Hat Linux 7.2, with Python 2.2 compiled from source, and the database
> (for the shelve) is gdbm. (I can use installer 5b2, but if the problem
> is not in my script, it would be nice to have the next installer version
> without this glitch). The script is as follows:

The problem is solved by modifying iu.py. The line (around 273) that
reads:

 mod = _self_doimport(nm, ctx, fqname)

should become:

 try:
     mod = _self_doimport(nm, ctx, fqname)
 except:
     if threaded:
         self._release()
     raise

I'll try to get that out (as 5b3.1) later today.

-- Gordon
http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/