HP-UX, PyThread_* missing

cmkl cmkleffner at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 09:42:12 EST 2002

HP-UX 10.20 has user threads, HP-UX 11 has kernel threads (a POSIX threads
implementation by HP) -  and AFAIK HP-UX 10.30 has it.
HP-UX 10.20 has located s subset of pthread call's in libcma - not enough
for Python2.2. But I can remember, that prior python versions (2.0, 1.5.2 ??)
could configured with threads. I can't test it anymore, because I have only
access to HP-UX 11.00 at the moment.
Another problem is, that the dynamic loader is not thread-safe in 10.20
(but it is in 10.30 and above) - see 'HP-UX Linker and Libraries Users's Guide'

But in principle HP-UX 10.20 supports threads (user threads or green threads)
and it is used i.e. with Java for HP-UX.

Carl