Still same bug even with email ver. 1.2

David Rushby woodsplitter at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 18 11:37:06 EST 2002

Sheila King <usenet at thinkspot.net> wrote
> OK, I got the latest email module from the CVS. I installed it. I ran the
> tests for the module. Everything tested out fine.
> > I now eagerly get out my code from last night, that was causing the
> 'int' has no attribute .lower
> error, and run it, hoping for different results.
> > No good. Same results. :(
> > File "E:\PYTHON\PYTHON22\Lib\site-packages\email\Message.py", line 285,
> in get
> name = name.lower()
> AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'lower'

Here's the solution:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-March/090448.html

And here's SourceForge bug #491612 (closed now), which was filed to
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=491612&group_id=25568&atid=384678

Unfortunately, contrary to Oleg's assertion in c.l.py and Barry's in
his message added to the SF bug report, the CVS version of has *not*
been fixed.  It appears to me that this is a mere administrative
glitch.

The bug is a showstopper for the email package (it stopped my show, at
least), but the fix is quite simple.  Could we get it fixed before the
final release of Python 2.2.1?

Should someone resubmit the bug to mimelib's SourceForge bug tracker,
or will this message be enough?