Problem with Tkinter

Cyr cd.cd at wanadoo.fr
Fri Mar 29 13:44:45 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm using python 2.2a4 installed in the directory :
"/opt/tools/predim/python/" on a SGI IRIX 6.4 station.
I've got a problem with Tkinter ; here is the message I get when launching
the script zozo.py :
(import Tkinter
 print "ok")

srv0023-cyrille-~/> python zozo.py

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "zozo.py", line 1, in ?
    import Tkinter
  File "/opt/tools/predim/python/lib/python2.2/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 35,
in ?
    import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk
ImportError: 1277322:/opt/tools/predim/python/bin/python: rld: Fatal
Error:Cannot Successfully map soname 'libtk8.3.so' under any of the
filenames
/usr/local/lib/libtk8.3.so:/usr/lib32/libtk8.3.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libtk8
.3.so:/lib32/libtk8.3.so:/opt/lib32/libtk8.3.so

Python has been installed on another station in a common directory and
Tkinter works great on the other station. But the Tk library isn't in a
common directory. On this station (srv0023), I only have Tcl/Tk 8.0 (and no
library in the directories mentioned in the error message). Is there any way
I can configure python so that it would use Tk 8.0 library on the station
but continue to use Tk 8.3 on the other station ? In fact, I wonder how I
can change the path search for the Tk library within python.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate,

Regards,

Cyrille DUMORTIER

PS : forgive me for my broken english ;)