list comprehension question

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Mar 26 22:33:57 EST 2002

Laura Creighton wrote:

> >Peter Hansen:
> > >   Neil
> > >
> > > PS. tell the bot I'm sorry I doubted the correctness of his code
> >
> > If it's a bot, you don't have to apologize.  Bots feel no emotion.
> >
> > And you're safe, too -- remember the First Law.
> >
> > -objectifying-tim-ly yr's,
> > Peter
>
> Tisk tisk.  Only half of the apologising you do for the other person.
> The other half you do for yourself.

Not sure I understand the sentiment, but perhaps it would have
helped you if I included an explicit smiley?  That _was_ a joke.
Happily, I think from Tim's reply he understood and took it that way.
(The reference to Asimov might be obscure to some.  Sorry.)

Thanks for the gentle advice though. :)

-Peter